12 Jul 2008
|One Act Musical Comedy||Phone: 661-272-9393|
|Home | Plays | Music | Stories | Contact Us | About Us|
Plays > Audit Oddities
||Read the Script|
In 1977, a woman auditor was something of an oddity -- but nothing compared to what she had to put up with.
A musical roller coaster that will check your balance.
Louise is a young woman charged with auditing the corporate financial statements at Acme. Donald, her assistant, knows nothing about auditing. Dirk, the client's computer manager, has an overactive libido. Worst of all, the accounts don't balance. Wacky puns and funny characters give plenty of laughs. Clever song lyrics to familiar tunes make this an easy musical to stage.
Read the Script
- Length: 23 pages, about 30 minutes
- Rating: G, All audiences
- Type: One-act musical comedy
- Staging: Minimal sets; simple lighting; simple costumes and props
- Music: 6 well-known songs (licensed separately)
- Cast of Characters:
- 3 women
- Louise (audit senior, leading lady): 23-28
- Jenny (Acme accounting manager): 30-43
- Karen (Acme accountant): 24-64
- 4 men
- Dirk (Acme computer manager): 30-55
- Donald (audit junior): 22-25
- Bob (Acme accountant): 24-64
- Fred (audit manager): 30-45
Photos from a 2003 rehearsal at Antelope Valley College:
All Rights Reserved.
Copyright © 2003 William Armstrong
39864 Golfers Drive, Palmdale, CA 93551 USA